Pages

Sunday 5 June 2016

Meet me at the Forks.

Winnipeg. A city of sunshine, beautiful architecture, and crazy drivers.
When you venture deep into the city, it is quite stunning. 
Mark and I hit up the Forks Market for the first time due to my incessant talk of the place and forcing him to look at every photo on Instagram!
The Forks is one of the most beautiful places in this province (that I have seen). It is like you have left the city and gone to a little town full of cobbled streets and lush greenery.
And the market itself? Awesome!
I could have spent all done and all of my money if I had the option to - and actually had money to spend. The little "shops" are so unique, full of items which you cannot find anywhere else! There are many displays of locally made items that are just too rad for words.









The cherry on top of our whole experience here is the style of the market! 
The moment you walk in you are welcomed with busker performances, a sky-lit room with the most incredible seating area I have ever laid my eyes on.
The lighting fixtures are superb and the smells from the multitude of eating establishments... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
We opted for a simple but incredibly tasty crêpe from the Caramel Crepe and our taste buds were more than satisfied.












We have lived in this province for over two years and I am still baffled by the fact that this was our first time visiting this magical place. Our plans of moving this summer makes my heart ache knowing that this enchanting spot will no longer be a two hour drive..
But until the move, I will be making that drive as often as I can bear (once I return back to the province)!

If you have not been to the Forks, you need to add it to your bucket list!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14977333/?claim=zqq6b7my79y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment