Pages

Saturday 28 May 2016

You and yourself.

I am a 20-something year old woman who has many insecurities. The size of my nose, my new-ish encounter with adult acne - which is horrible - and the body shape with my lack of height - anyone else a full grown 5 foot tall adult?
But with these insecurities, I have found (forced) love for myself. I have been teaching myself to look past the big nose and the red mountains on my face. 
How do I do this, you ask?
Four simple things:

Yoga (with Adriene!)
Meditation
Exercise
Looking in the mirror

These four things have helped me tremendously!
The first three are easy as long as you make the time. It is the fourth one that has taken some time and I still hate doing it. But, I take a moment every morning, when my hair is a mess, my breath reeks, and my skin is at it's most natural and uneven state. 
In this moment, I say to myself: "You are beautiful. You are strong. You are kickass. I love you".
Now, that may seem really weird and that is because it is, but they are truths. 
I am the only me there is and gosh darnit, I am going to rock at being me!
Screw these red dots that have invaded my face, and my nose is a piece of my family that has been passed on! My height, well, that too has been passed on by my family and it disguises my age. I will forever look about 10-15 years younger than I actually am!

Self-love is a quest we must all endure. 
There is no finish line but there are many rewards along the way.
Become your own best friend!

Now go out there and love yourself!

Take care my beautiful friends!

"And I said to my body. Softly. 'I want to be your friend'.
It took a long breath.
And replied,
'I have been waiting my whole life for this.'

- Unknown -

8 comments:

  1. I love reading this and I'm so glad you're starting to love yourself more, self appreciation is such an important thing! x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cara! It is so important! :)

      Delete
  2. Charlotte, you are beautiful through and through- inside and out! We all have insecurities, and I can't help feeling that we take away their power to keep us in self-loathing when we speak them out loud. So way to go for being honest and for working towards self love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Robyn! :)

      Delete
  3. You are gorgeous inside and out! I think we all battle with insecurities, so this is a beautiful positive reminder to love ourselves and accept who we are!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carina! We ARE all so beautiful! It is what lies beneath that truly matters :)

      Delete
  4. I guess everyone has some insecurities and things we'd like to change about ourselves. Part of growing up is accepting and believing that we are beautiful just the way we are. Different is beautiful!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tamara! Different is awesome! We should all bask in our differences. We are, after all, the only "us" out there! :)

      Delete