Pages

Monday 27 April 2015

Bookworm series: Yoga Girl.

Happy Monday, Friends!

It seems like just yesterday I was doing up last Monday's post. Crazy how fast the weeks are passing by, eh?
As I shared last week, I am starting a new series on my blog called "Bookworm Series" where I share the books I have read, am reading or want to read. This week's "Bookworm Book" is Rachel Brathen's Yoga Girl. Rachel is known for her Instagram, @yoga_girl, where she has over 1 million followers. In her book, Rachel shares her rough past growing up in Sweden, her lessons learned along the way, finding the love of her life, some delicious recipes (juices, smoothies, guacamole, etc.) and some of her favourite yoga sequences.
This is my first ever yoga-book purchase and I was not disappointed. I loved reading about her life, her struggles and her accomplishments. She really goes with the flow of life and in return life has given her many successes. 
For someone like me who is twenty-four and still have no idea as to what I want to do for a good chunk of my life, I found that Rachel's story showed me that I will find what it is that I am meant or want to do but I cannot force it. 
I need to just go with the flow.

I would recommend this book to anyone. Whether you are curious about yoga, are at any level in yoga, like reading autobiographies, or just want a quick but inspiring read. This is such a wonderful book and I refer to it when I am in need of some encouragement!

"If doing something new doesn't scare you at least a little, it's not worth doing."

- Rachel Brathen, Yoga Girl
pg. 126

No comments:

Post a Comment